TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- ‘Texas has never seen an event like’ Harvey, FEMA chief says – CNN
- Forecasters believe Hurricane Harvey will be one of the worst storms to ever hit landfall. They predict 30,000 people will have to go to shelters and 450,000 will require disaster assistance of some kind.
- 5 assaulted at Berkeley protests as black-clad anarchists storm rightwing rally – Fox News
- Over the weekend, Antifa protestors broke through a police line to attack far right protestors in Berkeley, California, sending 5 to the hospital.
- Trump’s pardon of Arpaio sends strong message to immigrant advocates, Mueller team, loyalists – The Washington Times
- This weekend, President Trump pardoned former Sheriff Joe Arpaio, who was a vocal Trump supporter and against illegal immigration. He was imprisoned for ignoring a court order to end a program that an Arizona judge argued unlawfully profiled Hispanics.
- Bodies of missing USS McCain sailors recovered – USA Today
- Divers have recovered the 10 missing sailors who died when an oil tanker collided with the USS John S. McCain near Singapore last week.