TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- Reports: North Korea may be preparing new long range missile test – USA Today
- South Korea said they expect another North Korean missile test soon, and the U.S. government believes they can now fit a nuclear warhead on a missile. The U.S. and South Korea are also working to improve defenses and show off strength, including holding live-fire warship exercises.
- Trump tells Congress ‘do your job’ on DACA replacement – Fox News
- President Trump plans to end DACA, the Obama-era program to allow illegal immigrant children to stay in the U.S. He says he will delay the end of the program by six months to give Congress time to adjust DACA.
- Hurricane Irma strengthens to Category 5: Puerto Rico, Florida brace – CNN
- Hurricane Irma is expected to hit the Virgin Islands and Puerto Rico on Wednesday before turning north and hitting Florida.
- Armed with new data, committees ready to ratchet up investigations into Trump’s ties with Russia – The Washington Times
- As summer ends, Congress is planning to hold more hearings about the Trump campaign’s collusion with Russians during the election. Democrats are focused the alleged Russian hacking, while some Republicans will look into whether the Obama administration attempted to help Hillary Clinton.
- Why did so many movies fall flat at the box office this summer? – NBC News
- Box office sales are proving to be abysmal for Hollywood this year as 2017 will likely be the worst year in over a decade.