TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- Trump phaseout of DACA gives Congress six months to devise solution for Dreamers – The Washington Times
- On Tuesday, President Trump announced he would not follow President Obama’s DACA ruling because it is unconstitutional. However, the president said he is going to wait six months to end it, giving Congress plenty of time to pass a replacement bill.
- Hurricane Irma hits the Caribbean – CNN
- The category 5 Hurricane is barreling just north of the Caribbean islands towards southern Florida. With wind speeds over 185 MPH, Irma is one of the strongest Atlantic storms ever recorded.
- Ex-Sheriff David Clarke to join pro-Trump super PAC – Fox News
- After announcing his resignation last week, the former Milwaukee County Sheriff says he will join American First Action. He was a strong supporter of President Trump during the campaign, and an advocate for stricter immigration enforcement.
- Menendez battles bribery charges as trial kicks off – The Hill
- Senator Bob Melendez of New Jersey will be the first sitting senator in recent years to face bribery charges in court.
- Hillary Clinton says Bernie Sanders’ attacks ‘paved the way’ for Trump – USA Today
- In her book What Happened, Hillary Clinton attacked Bernie Sanders for attacking her rather than being “proud to be a Democrat.”