TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- Hurricane Irma leaves trail of death, destruction across Caribbean – USA Today
- 10 people have been confirmed dead in the Caribbean, and nearly a million people in Puerto Rico are without power. The Category 5 storm may hit Florida this weekend.
- States sue Trump to restore DACA, say he’s discriminating against Mexicans – The Washington Times
- Washington, D.C. and 15 other states have sued the Trump administration, claiming his decision to end DACA illegally discriminates against Mexicans.
- Conservatives sign letter warning media against Southern Poverty Law Center – Fox News
- 47 well-known conservative groups have warned media outlets against using the SPLC’s so-called “hate map” because the group is a “discredited, left-wing political activist organization that seeks to silence its political opponents.”
- Michael Bennett: Police singled me out, put a gun near my head – CNN
- While in Las Vegas for the Mayweather v. McGregor, Seattle Seahawks player was taken down at gunpoint by police. He says that as he left a casino he heard gun shots and ran for cover, but was chased by police and had a gun pointed at his head while laying on the ground.
- North Korea may fire another ICBM this weekend, South warns – NBC News
- This weekend is the 64th anniversary of the founding of North Korea’s totalitarian regina, and South Korea fears another missile test will take place as a celebration.