TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- Deadly earthquake hits off the coast of southern Mexico – CNN
- At least 16 people are confirmed dead after a magnitude 8.1 earthquake struck just off the southwestern coast of Mexico.
- While Irma takes aim on Florida, Hurricanes Jose and Katia are also threatening land – USA Today
- As Hurricane Irma, now a category 4 storm, barrels towards Florida, two new hurricanes have formed behind Irma. It is feared that they will hit the same Caribbean islands that are already under water and out of power.
- Out-of-staters may have won New Hampshire for Clinton, data suggest – Fox News
- Over 5,000 people in voters in New Hampshire, a state Clinton carried by 2,736 votes, registered to vote with an ID from another state, calling into question the validity of the results.
- Giant Equifax data breach: 143 million people could be affected – CNN
- Between May and July, hackers accessed personal information, including credit card and social security numbers, for up to 143 million people int the U.S., Canada, and France.
- Trump’s bipartisan much shakes up Capitol Hill – NBC News
- Although Republicans in Congress downplayed the fact that President Trump made a deal with Democrats on the debt ceiling, there is a belief that he’ll continue to work with Democrats.