TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- Hurricane Irma: US Navy dispatches carrier to help search-and-rescue operations in Florida Keys – Fox News
- The U.S. Navy has dispatched an aircraft carrier and two more ships to help the recovery efforts in the badly damaged Florida Keys.
- UN passes fresh sanctions on North Korea – CNN
- The U.N. security council unanimously voted to adopt new sanctions against North Korea, but they did not include the oil embargo. North Korea says Washington, D.C. will now face “a very strong response, with unbearable consequences.”
- Judge orders Maryland bar to investigate lawyers who helped Clinton delete emails – The Washington Times
- A Maryland judge has ordered the state bar to investigate the lawyers who helped Hillary Clinton destroy emails from her personal email server.
- Florida Sheriff sued over tough-on-crime approach to Hurricane Irma – NBC News
- A man in Virginia is suing a Florida Sheriff who required people entering a storm shelter to undergo background checks, claiming the checks are unconstitutional.
- Former aide testifies Menendez helped co-defendant on Visas – ABC News
- A former staffer of the Democrat Senator testified yesterday that their office helped push through visa applications for friends of a wealthy doctor who allegedly bribed Senator Menendez.