TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- Las Vegas shooter sent girlfriend away while he planned attack, her sisters say – Fox News
- Marilou Danley’s sisters say her boyfriend, the Las Vegas mass murderer, sent her to the Philippines prior to his attack, like to ensure she would not interfere.
- Rex Tillerson furious with Trump on policy decisions: Report – The Washington Times
- After Secretary of State Rex Tillerson called President Trump a moron, Vice President Pence intervened to create peace, but Tillerson is apparently still disappointed with the president’s policy decisions.
- Puerto Ricans say Trump’s visit helps recovery but comments are too political – USA Today
- Although Puerto Ricans don’t like the political feud between President Trump and the mayor of San Juan, they agree that he is greatly helping Puerto Rico.
- U.S. to expel 15 officials from Cuban Embassy over Havana attacks – NBC News
- After 22 State Department employees in Cuba have been hit with unexplained illnesses, the U.S. has announced it will expel 15 officials from the Cuban Embassy in Washington, D.C.
- Europe hits Amazon with tax bill of nearly $300 million – CNN
- Amazon allegedly has been benefiting from an illegal tax deal with Luxembourg, and will now be fined $293 million by the European Union.