TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- Charlottesville suspect James Alex Fields Jr. to face court hearing – CNN
- The man who plowed his car into a group of counter-protesters at the white supremacy rally in Virginia will face trial Monday. His attack killed one woman, and injured many others.
- Fellow Republicans pressure Trump to forcefully and clearly condemn white nationalism – The Washington Times
- Republican leaders in Washington have called on the President to more clearly condemn the white nationalism and violence displayed in Charlottesville Saturday. President Trump has been criticized for his response that failed to call the white supremacists by name.
- China implements UN sanctions against North Korea, as Trump trade probe looms – Fox News
- China has announced an order to implement the U.N. sanctions against North Korea. President Trump has also said he plans to open an investigation into U.S. trade with China.
- Marco Rubio target of possible Venezuelan assassination plot – CBS News
- Senator Marco Rubio has had additional security recently after the U.S. government discovered an assassination plot by Venezuelan official, Diosdado Cabello.
- 17 Killed in Attack on Burkina Faso Restaurant, Authorities Say – NBC News
- A suspected terrorist attack on a restaurant in the Burkina Faso capital on Sunday killed 17, and injured 8 more.