TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- New tropical depression could strike U.S. Gulf Coast as a hurricane this weekend – ABC News
- A tropical storm, named Nate, is currently in the southwest of the Gulf of Mexico, but is expected to strike the U.S. Gulf Coast, likely near New Orleans, this weekend.
- After ‘moron’ report, Tillerson reaffirms commitment to Trump – CNN
- Rex Tillerson said the report claiming he called the president a moron, and saying VP Pence needed to persuade him to keep his job was false.
- With talk of ban, gun shops brace for run on ‘bump stocks’ – The Washington Times
- After Congress announced a bill to ban the sale of ‘bump stocks,’ gun store owners are expecting sales to skyrocket before the bill is actually passed.
- Black Lives Matter shouts down ACLU: “You protect Hitler, too!” – Fox News
- At a free speech event at William & Mary, the executive director of the ACLU of Virginia was shut down by Black Lives Matter protesters. The protestors shouted, “Liberalism is white supremacy!” and “ACLU, you protect Hitler too!”
- North Koreans prepping seafood for U.S. stores, restaurants – USA Today
- Although North Korea is not allowed to sell their products to the U.S., they are sending workers around the world in forced labor to make between $200 million and $500 million a year for the rogue regime.