TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- Trump meets with military brass, warns ‘it’s the calm before the storm’ – The Washington Times
- President Trump told top Pentagon officials that he wants to receive military advice and options “at a much faster pace” when crises occur.
- Harvey Weinstein seeks ‘tutoring’ after damning report accuses him of sexually harassing Ashley Judd – Fox News
- Hollywood movie mogul, Harvey Weinstein, is under fire for allegations of sexually harassing actress Ashley Judd, and many other women throughout his decades working in Hollywood.
- Tropical storm Nate turns deadly as it heads toward Mexico and the U.S. – CNN
- Tropical storm Nate has already killed at least 22 people in Central America. It is now gaining strength as it moves towards Mexico and the U.S. Gulf Coast.
- Hurricanes Harvey and Irma wiped out 33,000 jobs last month – NBC News
- Due in part to hurricanes damaging the economies of Florida and Texas, the U.S. economy lost 33,000 jobs in the month of September.
- International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons wins the Nobel Peace Prize – ABC News
- The 2017 Nobel Peace Prize winner is the International Campaign to Abolish Nuclear Weapons “for its work to draw attention to the catastrophic humanitarian consequences of any use of nuclear weapons and for its ground-breaking efforts to achieve a treaty-based prohibition of such weapons.”