TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- Thousands flee as wildfires ravage California; at least 17 killed – ABC News
- Intense wildfires continue to destroy large parts of northern California, burning down over 2,000 homes, killing 17 people, and forcing 20,000 to evacuate.
- Weinstein’s sexual harassment scandal tarnishes Hollywood, Democratic Party – The Washington Times
- In the wake of a massive sexual harassment scandal tarring the movie mogul, many on the left and in Hollywood have been blasted for the delayed and weak responses, especially those who have received donations from Weinstein.
- Trump says ‘about time’ after NFL’s Goodell calls on players to stand for anthem – Fox News
- NFL Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a letter to teams yesterday telling them that their players should be standing for the National Anthem. The letter came shortly after Trump called for a reevaluation of the NFL’s tax breaks.
- US bombers conduct drills off both coasts of Korean peninsula – CNN
- The U.S. Air Force ran military drills last night off both coasts of South Korea in its latest show of force to Kim Jong-un.
- International embarrassment: USMNT out of World Cup – NBC Sports
- The U.S. Men’s National Soccer Team failed to qualify for the 2018 World Cup after its 2-1 loss to Trinidad & Tobago last night.