TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This is your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- Spain attacks: Huge manhunt after 14 die in 12 hours of horror – CNN
- Thursday afternoon a terrorist killed 13 people, and injured over 100, while driving down a busy tourist stretch in Barcelona. The driver is still on the loose.
- Later that night, 5 men were shot by police while wearing fake suicide bomber belt in Cambrils, Spain. 1 woman also died from injuries suffered in the attack.
- Case against Wasserman Schultz’ ex-IT aide expands with 4-count indictment – Fox News
- The case against a former IT staffer for Debbie Wasserman Schultz heated up Thursday. Imran Awan was indicted on four federal counts, including conspiracy and bank fraud, after he was detained while boarding a plane to Pakistan in July.
- Navy punishes leadership of USS Fitzgerald following deadly collision off Japan – NBC News
- The U.S. Navy has relieved the three highest ranked officers of duty after the USS Fitzgerald crashed with a merchant ship in Japanese waters. 7 U.S. sailors died in the incident in June.
- Trump scraps plans for White House infrastructure council – The Hill
- After President Trump was forced to end two of his business advisory councils, he announced plans to halt an infrastructure council that was still being formed.
- Pressure mounts on lawmaker who posted Trump assassination comment – CBS News
- A Missouri state Senator on Thursday wrote on Facebook, in a now deleted post, that she hopes “Trump is assassinated!” Lawmakers on both sides of the aisle have called for her resignation, but she stated she will not step down, even though her comment was wrong.