TheLead.com is compiling the top 5 stories of the day from around the web. This will be your one stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out TheLead’s 5 biggest headlines at 10 a.m.
- Sessions unveiling leak crackdown on heels of transcript bombshell – Fox News
- After two full transcripts of President Trump’s phone calls were leaked on Thursday, the Department of Justice announced it will use all legal power to go after any leakers.
- Report: Mueller Convenes Grand Jury in Russia Investigation – NBC News
- The special counsel has announced that a grand jury has been convened on the investigation into the Trump campaign’s possible connection with Russia.
- Trump touts business accomplishments, continues to work on tax reform – The Washington Times
- President Trump has decided to focus on his accomplishments with businesses and the economy in order to increase support for tax reform.
- Senate blocks Trump from making recess appointments over break – The Hill
- Prior to leaving Washington D.C. for a full month on Thursday, Senators announced they will have 1-minute “pro-forma” sessions throughout the month to prevent President Trump from making recess appointments while they’re away.
- West Virginia governor announces he’s switching parties at Trump Rally – ABC News
- The Democratic Governor of West Virginia, Jim Justice, joined President Trump at a rally thursday to declare he is switching parties and joining the Republicans. This now gives Republicans control of 35 statehouses.