TheLead.com is compiling the top stories of the day from around the web. This is your one-stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out the biggest headlines every morning.
- DOJ, FBI to brief ‘Gang of 8’ lawmakers on Russia probe after meeting with Nunes, Gowdy – Fox News
Today, officials from the FBI and Justice Department will brief a “Gang of 8” members of Congress on the progress of the Russian collusion investigation. The announcement came after Democrats were angry that only Republicans Devin Nunes and Trey Gowdy received a previous briefing.
- Getting tough on China: Pentagon boots Chinese navy from massive Pacific wargame – The Washington Times
- The Department of Defense has withdrawn its invitation to China to take place in the world’s largest annual navy military exercises in the Pacific Ocean. China, the U.S., and other ‘Pacific Rim’ nations have conducted these drills since 2014, but this move comes as China continues to militarize disputed areas in the South China Sea.
- Secret Iranian Missile Base found, experts think it’s building long range missiles, report says – The Daily Wire
- The New York Times reports that military weapons experts believe they’ve found a secret military base in the remote Iranian desert. They believe the base has been used for developing “advanced rocket engines and rocket fuel” that can be used in long-range missiles. The discovery was made prior to President Trump pulling out of the Iran Deal, and evidence shows the site may have been in use for years.
- North Korea says it dismantled nuclear test site: Report – ABC News
- The North Korean regime has reportedly demolished on of its nuclear test sites in front of foreign journalists. The site was located deep in the mountains in the northeast region of the country.
- FBI Informant Stefan Halper accused of making ‘False’ and ‘Absurd’ allegations about Russian infiltration at Cambridge – The Daily Caller
- The FBI’s informant on the Trump campaign, Stefan Halper, allegedly said Russians had infiltrated a Cambridge Intelligence Seminar due to a relationship between Gen. Flynn and a Russian researcher. However, others involved have called his claims “absurd” and “false.”