TheLead.com is compiling the top stories of the day from around the web. This is your one-stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out the biggest headlines every morning.
- ‘SPYGATE’: Trump blasts ‘Criminal Deep State’ amid reports of FBI informant spying on campaign – Fox News
President Trump tweeted this morning that the investigations into his campaign have actually turned around on the “Criminal Deep State.” The inspector general of the Department of Justice has been instructed to investigate any political impropriety by the Obama administration, and Obama’s DOJ during the 2016 presidential election.
- Obama’s big government crushed again: Congress passes rollback of Dodd-Frank – The Daily Wire
- In another major blow to President Obama’s legacy, Congressional Republicans have rolled back the Dodd-Frank regulations implemented by President Obama in 2010. The bill originally created a lot of red tape and regulations that banks had to go through, but the new change will make the rules only applicable to banks with more than $250 billion in assets.
- Eye-popping surge of illegal immigrants abducting children – The Washington Times
- A new report has shown that Obama’s catch-and-release policy for illegal immigrants has led to increases in kidnapping and attempted child abductions. Many adult illegal immigrants are abducting children in order to claim the children as their own, and prevent being deported. We are on pace for more than 400 kidnapping attempts for these purposes this year alone.
- Democrats steal Trump’s message, now claim they will ‘Drain the Swamp’ – The Daily Caller
- Democrats, acknowledging that they like at least one thing President Trump says, are adding the “Drain the Swamp” mantra to their 2018 midterm election platform.
- Bannon says Rosenstein could be fired ‘very shortly’ – The Hill
- In a new interview, President Trump’s former chief strategist Steve Bannon says that he believes Deputy AG Rod Rosenstein will either have to start following Trump’s orders, or he will be fired soon.