TheLead.com is compiling the top stories of the day from around the web. This is your one-stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out the biggest headlines every morning.
- Another ‘informant’ attempted to infiltrate Trump campaign under Obama, campaign aide says – Fox News
According to a Trump campaign aide, Michael Caputo, there was a second informant from a different Federal agency who tried to infiltrate the Trump presidential campaign. Caputo said “When we finally find out the truth about this, Director Clapper and the rest of them will be wearing some orange suits.”
- Manhunt for suspects in Baltimore are after officer killed – NBC News
- Police are searching a Baltimore, Maryland suburb with helicopters and police dogs after a police office was killed last night. Witnesses say the office was approaching a vehicle when suddenly they heard a gunshot, and then saw the jeep run over the police officer. Police say the cause of death won’t be confirmed until they do an autopsy, and police say the suspects may still be ‘armed and dangerous.’
- Mike Pompeo threatens Iran with ‘strongest sanctions in history,’ outlines new nuclear demands – The Washington Times
- Secretary of State Mike Pompeo said last night that the Iranian government must end its destabilizing actions in the Middle East, and completely end its nuclear program forever, or else the U.S. will introduce the “strongest sanctions in history.”
- Major donor pulls funding from University of Minnesota for discriminating against Ben Shapiro – The Daily Wire
- A major blow has been struck to the University of Minnesota as conservatives continue to battle against liberal bias on college campuses. After the university forced conservative Ben Shapiro to speak off-campus, a major donor has pulled their funding from the university, and will instead partner the Young America’s Foundation, the group that brought Shapiro to the school.
- Pence: North Korea will ‘end like the Libyan model’ if Kim does not cooperate – The Hill
- In an interview last night, Vice President Pence warned North Korea not to try and “play President Trump.” He said if they refuse to cooperate, the United States will end Kim Jong Un’s tyranny like it did in Libya, when Moammar Gaddafi was captured and killed in 2011.