TheLead.com is compiling the top stories of the day from around the web. This is your one-stop shop to quickly catch up on the most important news every morning. So grab a cup of coffee and check out the biggest headlines every morning.
- Harvey Weinstein surrenders at NYC police station to face rape, other sex charges – NBC News
Harvey Weinstein, liberal darling and movie magnate, has turned himself in to police in New York to face the justice of his multiple sex crimes including rape, criminal sex act, sex abuse, and sexual misconduct. The allegations against Harvey Weinstein began the #MeToo sexual assault movement.
- Soros spends big in California’s DA races in bid to reshape criminal justice system – Fox News
- George Soros, the far-left mega-donor, is pouring millions into local district attorney races in California to help elect candidates who stand for lower incarceration rates, and crackdowns on police misconduct.
- Civilian shoots, kills suspect who opened fire at Oklahoma City restaurant – ABC News
- Last night, a would-be mass murderer opened fire inside a Louie’s Grill & Bar in Oklahoma City. Two innocent civilians were injured, but the gunman was the only fatality after an armed civilian returned fire.
- Trump warns North Korea: U.S. military ‘ready if necessary’ – The Washington Times
- Yesterday, President Trump cancelled his summit with Kim Jong Un due to increasingly hostile discussions. However, he has now warned foreign leaders that the U.S. military is ready to counter any hostile North Korean actions.
- Deputy Peterson accused of ‘covering up’ alleged sexual assault by Broward Sheriff’s son – The Daily Wire
- A Miami news station has reported that 4 years ago, the son of Broward Country Sheriff Scott Israel was accused of sexual assault at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School. The allegations, however, we covered up by Officer Scot Peterson, the school resource officer who failed to engage the Parkland shooter in February.